How our Wastesaving Audit can help your business
No matter the size or sector, every business in the UK has a legal duty to sort, store and dispose of its waste correctly. As outlined on the official GOV.UK website,
this involves storing your waste safely and securely, completing a waste transfer note for every load of waste that leaves your premises, and only employing a registered waste carrier to collect this waste from your site. However,
you must also keep your business’s waste to a minimum by doing all you can to prevent, reuse, recycle and recover it.
Preventing and recycling your business waste is beneficial for the environment because it reduces the amount that goes into landfill. In fact, according to statistics, 50% of the waste that takes up space in landfills is paper, a material that’s easily recycled. This is a big problem, not just because we’re running out of space to store this waste, but because
many waste materials that are sent to landfill pollute the air by releasing methane as they biodegrade.
As well as lowering your environmental impact, reducing your business waste can also save you money by cutting the amount of landfill tax you
pay. As it currently stands, businesses pay a standard rate of £88.95 per tonne of waste, and a lower rate of £2.80 for ‘inactive’ waste (such as rocks and soil).
With so many things to consider, dealing with your business’s waste can seem like a complicated task. This is why it’s recommended to employ a specialist company, such as phs Wastekit, to help you better manage
your waste before it leaves your premises. Our high-quality waste balers segregate waste into easily identified types (making
it easier to recycle), while our waste compactors will help you to reduce your volume of waste, and therefore, the cost of your
At phs Wastekit, we know that the baler or compactor you require will depend entirely on the amount of waste your business produces, the types of waste materials you need to dispose of, and the amount of space
you have available on your premises. This is why we created our Wastesaving Audit to ensure you get a waste management solution that’s tailored to
Through this comprehensive free audit, we can help you to discover what waste disposal savings your business can make from our balers and compactors with no cost or obligation. Our Wastesaving Audit can help your business by completing
the following steps:
- We’ll conduct an on-site survey to review your business’s current waste disposal practices, and provide recommendations on areas where savings can be made through the likes of waste minimisation and improved recycling
- During a bespoke consultation, one of our experts will explain how you can reduce your waste disposal costs, and even determine if you can earn money from your recyclable materials
- If you’re still unsure, we’ll give you the chance to trial the equipment we’ve recommended for your business, free of charge
- Your baler or compactor will be installed on your site by one of our fully trained engineers.
- If you choose to continue with your new equipment after the trail has ended, we offer flexible service and maintenance plans, including a 24-hour breakdown response
To find out more about how phs Wastekit can help your business to improve its recycling and reduce its waste disposal costs, contact us for a free audit!